Open/Close Menu San Diego Medicare independent agent, also Small Business benefit, Long Term Care, Dental plan and Life Insurance

Graduating college means saying goodbye to that student health plan. You may be eligible for a Special Enrollment through Covered California.

Consumers have 60 days from the date on which the qualifying life event happens to enroll in a Covered California health insurance plan or change their existing Covered California plan.

For example, if a graduate loses her health plan on June 1, she has until July 31 to notify Covered California, complete an application, choose a health plan and pay for it. If she does not get health coverage, she may have to pay a tax penalty.

If 60 days pass and consumers do not sign up for health coverage, they will have to wait until the next open-enrollment period unless they experience another qualifying life event.

You may contact me to help you enroll in or change your health insurance plans.

Esther Sulistio

© 2015-2022 Esther Sulistio | MADE WITH LOVE!